Since the start of the year, we’re seeing a steady increase in the number of people making travel inquiries inside AAA Washington’s brick-and-mortar locations.
- From January – March, in-store interactions rose 42%
- People using AAA travel experts to plan non-cruise or tour-package vacations are booking closer to the day of departure than before the pandemic. On average, these reservations for flights, hotels and cars happen 52 days before travel, compared to 62 for the same time in 2019.
- In March, AAA customers spent more on rental cars than in pre-pandemic March of 2019. While the actual number of car sales and days booked did not reach 2019 levels, people paid 23% more for extra space in larger vehicles, usually SUVs, and last-minute reservations.
- Since January 1, we’ve doubled the number of passport photos we’ve issued.
- In March, we saw a 50% increase in the number of luxury cruises purchased compared to March 2019, primarily through Viking Ocean and Viking River Cruises along with Regent Seven Seas Cruise Lines.
About AAA Washington:As one of the largest leisure travel agencies in the state, AAA Washington has the most up-to-date information on travel bookings and trends. You do not have to be a AAA member to use our travel services. From taking a road trip to an around-the-world sail, our trusted experts offer personalized travel planning to ensure you find the best and safest ways to reach and enjoy your destination. Additional information is available at our stores in Washington and north Idaho or through www.AAA.com.
AAA Washington Media ContactsKelly Just | 425-647-1594
Jennifer Cook | 425-301-9075
Facebook: AAA Washington