Since the start of the year, we’re seeing a steady increase in the number of people making travel inquiries inside AAA Washington’s brick-and-mortar locations.
- From January – March, in-store interactions rose 42%
- People using AAA travel experts to plan non-cruise or tour-package vacations are booking closer to the day of departure than before the pandemic. On average, these reservations for flights, hotels and cars happen 52 days before travel, compared to 62 for the same time in 2019.
- In March, AAA customers spent more on rental cars than in pre-pandemic March of 2019. While the actual number of car sales and days booked did not reach 2019 levels, people paid 23% more for extra space in larger vehicles, usually SUVs, and last-minute reservations.
- Since January 1, we’ve doubled the number of passport photos we’ve issued.
- In March, we saw a 50% increase in the number of luxury cruises purchased compared to March 2019, primarily through Viking Ocean and Viking River Cruises along with Regent Seven Seas Cruise Lines.