According to online bookings, more than half (55%) of AAA Washington clients reserved hotel stays anywhere from one week to more than two months into the future.
- Same-day hotel stays account for 17% of online hotel bookings compared to 50% in late March.
- Travelers with trips booked two months or more from now plan to stay longer at those destinations. AAA Washington’s online bookings show on average these customers rent a car and reserve a hotel room for an additional day when compared to those who will travel sooner.
- The average daily rate for a mid-size rental car has dropped to $81.49, down from $101 in July.
- According to a recent AAA Travel Survey, one-third (31%) of U.S. travelers say they are more likely to purchase travel insurance for trips between now and the end of 2022. Half (51%) of the AAA Washington clients who booked tour packages, cruises and international flights during the first 8 months of 2021, also bought new travel insurance policies.
- That survey also found that six in 10 Americans (60%) see some benefit to working with a travel agent to plan upcoming trips. They include:
- Save time when researching or planning a vacation (40%)
- Help with complicated new travel restrictions/requirements (34%)
- To find the best deals (33%)
- To review travel insurance options (16%)