According to online bookings, more than half (55%) of AAA Washington clients reserved hotel stays anywhere from one week to more than two months into the future.
- Same-day hotel stays account for 17% of online hotel bookings compared to 50% in late March.
- Travelers with trips booked two months or more from now plan to stay longer at those destinations. AAA Washington’s online bookings show on average these customers rent a car and reserve a hotel room for an additional day when compared to those who will travel sooner.
- The average daily rate for a mid-size rental car has dropped to $81.49, down from $101 in July.
- According to a recent AAA Travel Survey, one-third (31%) of U.S. travelers say they are more likely to purchase travel insurance for trips between now and the end of 2022. Half (51%) of the AAA Washington clients who booked tour packages, cruises and international flights during the first 8 months of 2021, also bought new travel insurance policies.
- That survey also found that six in 10 Americans (60%) see some benefit to working with a travel agent to plan upcoming trips. They include:
- Save time when researching or planning a vacation (40%)
- Help with complicated new travel restrictions/requirements (34%)
- To find the best deals (33%)
- To review travel insurance options (16%)
AAA Travel agents are available to help clients evaluate travel insurance offerings and plan their vacations, when they are ready. You don’t have to be a member to book travel with AAA.
About AAA Washington:As one of the largest leisure travel agencies in the state, AAA Washington has the most up-to-date information on travel bookings and trends. You do not have to be a AAA member to use our travel services. From taking a road trip to an around-the-world sail, our trusted experts offer personalized travel planning to ensure you find the best and safest ways to reach and enjoy your destination. Additional information is available at our stores in Washington and north Idaho or through www.AAA.com.
AAA Washington Media ContactsKelly Just | 425-647-1594
Jennifer Cook | 425-301-9075
Facebook: AAA Washington