On Friday, April 26, 2019 AAA Washington, the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Washington Traffic Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Seattle Mariners recognized the state’s top 10 AAA School Safety patrollers for their commitment to traffic safety, citizenship, leadership skills and contributions to school safety patrol programs.
- Alex Anguiano – Washington Elementary – Wenatchee
- Mason Betcher – Southgate Elementary – Kennewick
- Audra Findley – Lincoln Elementary – Vancouver
- Campbell Finlinson – Forest View Elementary – Everett
- Zoe Galbreath – Ritzville Grade School – Ritzville
- Aurora Jarvi – Concord International School – Seattle
- Charles LaSalle – Moran Prairie Elementary – Spokane
- Cecilia Phillips – Hazel Wolf K-8 – Seattle
- Gabrielle Santiago – Echo Lake Elementary – Shoreline
- Andrew Stach – Oak Harbor Intermediate School – Oak Harbor
Lynn Greenwalt, school safety patrol advisor at Ritzville Grade School in Ritzville was honored as the AAA School Safety Patrol Advisor of the Year.
AAA created the School Safety Patrol almost 100 years ago and partners with local agencies to bring the program to elementary schools across Washington. The AAA School Safety Patrol has been credited with being a major contributor to the substantial reduction in fatalities of school age children (ages 5-14).