Together, the AAA Washington community including members, shoppers and staff, have contributed 1.5 million items to neighbors in need
BELLEVUE, Wash. (Dec. 5, 2022) – Today, AAA Washington – the local trusted leader in Travel, Automotive and Insurance – announces its annual Soap for Hope toiletry drive. Now through December 30th, AAA Washington members, shoppers and staff can bring unused hygiene products to any of its 15 locations. Donations will be collected and donated to nonprofits across Washington state.
“This annual drive is so important to our neighbors facing hygiene poverty,” said Laura Ray, vice president of Corporate Affairs and Environmental, Social, and Governance with AAA Washington. “The simple act of donating toiletries can change lives, and we’re proud to have donated over 1.5 million items to those needing support since founding Soap for Hope. As a member-centric origination, we are honored to be able to support our communities through this annual campaign.”
AAA Washington started the Soap for Hope program in 2008 to encourage its members and travel customers to donate their unused toiletries acquired on trips. The program has expanded over the years to include hygiene products of all sizes including soap and body wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, shaving cream and razors, hairbrushes and combs for all ages and hair types, menstrual supplies, deodorant, hand sanitizer, and sanitizing wipes. Products can be travel, regular or economy-size and must be unopened and unused.
“I wish to express our gratitude and appreciation to AAA Washington for always being supportive of our clients whom we serve through the Soap for Hope campaign,” said Anthony Ives, executive director of Kitsap Community Resources (KCR). “Every year, KCR has a Christmas Angel’s drive that directly helps 300 families in Kitsap County. The toiletries, soaps, and other supplies go directly to families in need.”
Donations are accepted at any AAA Washington location and its corporate offices in Bellevue:
- Alderwood AAA Cruise & Travel store benefiting the Lynwood Food Bank.
- Bellevue AAA Cruise & Travel store benefiting Hopelink.
- Bellevue corporate office benefiting Acres of Diamonds.
- AAA Bremerton store benefiting the Key Peninsula Bischoff Food Bank and Kitsap Community Services.
- AAA Coeur d’Alene store benefiting Family Promise of Northern Idaho.
- Issaquah AAA Cruise & Travel store benefiting The Sophia Way.
- Mount Vernon AAA Cruise & Travel store benefiting the Stanwood Camano Food Bank.
- AAA Olympia store benefiting the First Baptist Meal Ministry and Tumwater School District.
- Seattle AAA Cruise & Travel store benefiting the Queen Anne Food Bank.
- Southcenter AAA Cruise & Travel store benefiting Mary’s Place in Burien.
- Spokane AAA Cruise & Travel store benefiting Transitions.
- Tacoma AAA Cruise & Travel store benefiting The Salvation Army of Tacoma.
- Vancouver AAA Cruise & Travel store benefiting Share.
- AAA Wenatchee store benefiting the Serve of Wenatchee Valley.
AAA Yakima store benefiting Jesse’s Place at Camp Hope. Beyond this specific holiday drive, donations are accepted at all stores year-round. For more information, visit www.aaa.com/SoapForHope.