Non-Perishable Food and $20 Gift Cards For Gas Stations, Grocery Stores, Restaurants and Online Retailers Accepted At All Washington and Northern Idaho AAA Stores and Insurance Offices.
WHAT: AAA stores and Insurance offices in Washington and Northern Idaho are collecting non-perishable food and $20 gift cards to grocery stores, online retailers, restaurants and gas stations to aid our federal airport employees as they are working without pay. AAA has partnered with all local airports to drop off these donations.
WHERE: Go to AAA.com/stores for a list of locations and hours.
WHAT CAN BE DONATED: Non-perishable food and $20 gift cards to online retailers, restaurants, gas stations and grocery stores.
WHAT CAN’T BE DONATED: Cash and prepaid debit or credit cards – these usually have a bank logo on them.
WHY AIRPORT WORKERS: TSA Agents, Customs Officials and Air Traffic Controllers help AAA employees, members and travel clients get to and from their destinations safely. Our AAA Travel Agents wanted to share our gratitude and support for the federal employees who we work with and who aid our clients.
WHEN: Starting immediately and AAA will continue this effort for a few weeks after the shutdown ends, depending on the needs of the federal workers.
TRAVELING SOON?: Many local airports are accepting these items directly from travelers. Contact the airport directly, or check their social media, for procedures. Federal workers can’t accept gifts directly.
Tips from AAA Travel Agents for Airport Travel
More than 24 hours before departure:
- Sign up for alerts on your airline’s website; you’ll be notified of any changes to your flight.
- Sign up for an expedited security membership with TSA PreCheck (SeaTac, Spokane & Tri-Cities) or Clear (SeaTac) to get through security faster.
24 hours before departure:
- Check in to your flight online – don’t wait until you get to the airport.
- Check for any changes to your flight.
Day of departure:
- Check your flight status.
- Get to the airport at least two hours before departure for domestic flights and three hours before departure for international flights.
- Check airport websites and social media for updates on security wait times.
- Consider checking your bag to help speed up the security process.