Greece tours are distinguished by their vivid architecture, tasty dishes, welcoming culture and prominent history.
A trip to Greece — whether your first or fifteenth — is certain to be an educationally-enriching experience that leaves memories for years to come.
If you’ve decided to embark on a journey to Greece this year and you are looking for the best Greece tours to book, continue reading or get in touch with AAA to speak with a seasoned travel agent.
Top Greece Tours
Whether you’re in search of tours of Italy and Greece, or tours of Greece that have a particular focus, AAA offers world-class travel experiences that will surpass your wildest travel expectations.
AAA is a world-renowned travel agency that has been curating vacations and travel experiences around the globe for more than a century. So, take full advantage of your time off and partner with a distinguished travel agency to ensure that you get the most out of your vacation.
The following sections contain an outline of five of AAA’s top tours in Greece. Please note that specific dates, amenities and itineraries are subject to change.
Greece Island Discovery
Join a nine-day escape into paradise where Ionian seas meld with captivating history and breathtaking architecture.
Your journey begins in Athens, where you will be exposed to Greek culture and history, visiting some of the capital city’s most iconic landmarks that pay homage to civilization’s development.
On day three, you will bask in the ambiance of turquoise waters as you cruise to Syros, an island gem nestled in the Aegean Sea. Wander through Ana Syros and marvel at various notable sites including Saint George’s Cathedral, which was constructed in the 1200s.
Other destinations on the itinerary include Naxos and Santorini.
Concierge Select Cruise – Delights of Greece and Turkey
Greece and Turkey are two of civilization’s most influential shapers. These countries exhibit stunning architecture, intriguing history, and compelling cultures along each side-street and alley, making them two of the most interesting destinations to visit.
Your itinerary for this adventure includes:
- Day 1: en route to Greece
- Day 2: arrival in Athens, Greece (stay at a hotel overnight)
- Day 3: Athens
- Day 4: Pergamum, Turkey
- Days 5 and 6: Istanbul, Turkey
- Day 7: Ephesus, Greece
- Day 8: Patmos, Greece
- Day 9: Santorini, Greece
- Day 10: Rhodes, Greece
- Day 11: Alanya, Turkey
- Day 12: Limassol, Cyprus
- Days 13-15: Jerusalem, Israel
Seabourn Mediterranean Cruises
This three-week cruise gives passengers a tantalizing glimpse into the many Mediterranean cultures, including Greece, France, Italy, Spain and various parts of Western Europe.
Seabourn’s Mediterranean cruise promises to give passengers an intimate, personalized experience aboard, filled with ocean-front suites, complimentary fine wines, upscale dining, and a spa and wellness center.
Greece Island Hopper
What better way is there to spend your vacation than by getting up close and personal with some of earth’s most magical waterfronts?
This island-hopping tour around Greece helps you gain a better understanding of the unique cultures that are sprinkled throughout the Mediterranean.
Your 10-day itinerary is as follows.
- Day 1: en route to Greece
- Days 2 and 3: Athens
- Day 4: Athens to Mykonos
- Days 5 and 6: Mykonos
- Day 7: Mykonos to Santorini
- Day 8: Santorini, Akrotiri and Oia
- Day 9: Santorini
- Day 10: Santorini to Athens
- Day 11: Athens (conclusion of tour)
Best of Greece
This Best of Greece tour highlights notable locations throughout the country and helps visitors gain a well-rounded perspective of the culture — both present and past.
Marvel at the monasteries of Meteora, stroll the Sacred Way, glimpse the first Olympic stadium and visit various UNESCO World Heritage sites.
This eight-day itinerary includes the following stops:
- Days 1 and 2: Athens
- Day 3: Corinth, Mycenae and Nafplion
- Day 4: Olympia
- Day 5: Patras and Delphi
- Day 6: Thermopylae and Kalambaka
- Day 7: Meteora and Athens
- Day 8: Athens (end of tour)
Types of Greece Group Tours
The best tours of Greece align with a traveler’s interests, goals, and time and budget constraints. Luckily for future travelers to the country, guided tours of Greece come in all formats, lengths and styles.
Eight of the possible types of tours in Greece include:
- Greece private tours. Private tours around Greece may have any number of focuses. They may be private food, art, wine or museum tours conducted by a local expert in the given field.
- Ancient Greece tours. Many tours of this nature are conducted in Athens — one of Europe’s oldest cities and one that possesses numerous ancient architectural ruins.
- Boat tours in Greece. Highly-regarded companies that offer boat tours around Greece are Spiridakos Sailing Cruises, Santorini Tours and Sunset Oia Sailing Cruises.
- Greece luxury tours. As explored in the section above, AAA offers several luxury tours in and around Greece that vary in activities and itinerary length, so that travelers can find the tour that best suits them.
- Food tours in Greece. Withlocals.com offers multi-hour food tours around Greece that can include wine tasting with a professional sommelier, attending a Greek gyro cooking class, indulging in 10 delicious dishes around Athens, and going on a food tour with a professional food journalist.
- Walking tours of Greece. Athens Free Tour offers a free walking tour of the city’s historic center. The tour is punctuated by interesting facts, intriguing myths and famous folklore to create an immersive, educational and memorable tour around the city.
- Greece bus tours. City Sightseeing offers a hop-on/hop-off bus tour of Athens to help travelers familiarize themselves with the city’s rich history, sites and culture.
- Greece bike tours. Biking around a destination can be one of the most relaxing and immersive ways to take in the scenery surrounding you. And destinations throughout Greece offer some of the most enjoyable biking tours around the country. Some of the most scenic areas for biking in Greece include Crete, Athens, the National Park of Messolonghi-Aitoliko Lagoons and Meteora.
When is the Best Time to do Travel Tours in Greece?
When is the best time to visit Greece?
Take comfort knowing that there is almost never a bad time to visit Greece. With moderately warm temperatures most of the year, beautiful ivory beaches, Michelin-level cuisine and a hospitable culture, Greece is a near-perfect destination.
If this is your first visit to Greece, here are four things to know that will help you determine the best time of year to plan your vacation.
- High tourism season in Greece is from April to October (though July and August are by far the busiest months).
- The driest month in Greece is August, while the rainiest month is December.
- July and August are the hottest months in Greece, while January is the coldest month.
Greece is a relatively affordable country compared to many other European destinations. However, during the tourism season, visitors may see a general increase in prices for lodging and airfare.
Book Your Greece Adventure With AAA Today
AAA is pleased to offer unique tours to Greece that far surpass the expectations of countless adventurers each and every year. Whether you are in search of walking tours in Greece or cruises around the Greek Islands, AAA has a premium travel experience just waiting to be booked.
Get in touch with AAA today to explore your vacation options or to speak with an experienced travel agent about your vision for your Greek escapade.