Yes, you can! Enroll with TSA PreCheck® through IDEMIA at three May events being held at AAA Washington stores
Ever wonder what it would be like to fly through airport security checkpoint?
TSA PreCheck is your answer! Created in December 2011 as a way to provide low-risk travelers with a smoother experience through airport security, it’s a great option for travelers looking to save time. Enrolled members do not need to remove their shoes, laptops, 3-1-1 liquids, belts, or light jackets. They also access TSA PreCheck dedicated screening lanes at over 200 participating U.S. airports nationwide. The cost to enroll through IDEMIA is $78 which covers five years of enrollment, if you are approved.
Enroll at a AAA Washington store in May
AAA Washington will host three TSA PreCheck events in collaboration with IDEMIA in May. IDEMIA has been an authorized TSA PreCheck enrollment provider since 2013.
People who have pre-enrolled online for TSA PreCheck can schedule a time to meet with an IDEMIA Enrollment Agent and complete the application at one of three AAA Washington stores.
TSA PreCheck by IDEMIA events at AAA Washington stores
In-store appointments will run for five-business days (Monday-Friday) in the following three AAA Washington stores:
- Southcenter, May 8 -12
- Alderwood, May 15-19 (update: new appointments no longer available)
- Spokane, May 22-26
Appointment times can fill up quickly, so apply as soon as possible.
How it works:
- Submit an online application and schedule an appointment at a participating AAA Washington store.
- Complete the 10-minute enrollment process at the store, which includes capturing your fingerprints and photo for the TSA background check. Be sure to bring documentation proving your identity and citizenship status.
- Following the in-person enrollment appointment, most applicants receive their Known Traveler Number (KTN) in about three to five days, however some can take up to 60 days. The KTN must be added to flight reservations to enjoy TSA PreCheck benefits.
Note: TSA PreCheck is a two-step application process. Before showing up for an appointment in person, you first need to complete the online pre-enrollment application. You’ll be asked to provide your address, contact information, and answer some basic questions. The online application should take less than five minutes to complete. Please note that no enrollment fees should be paid online. TSA PreCheck payment is only collected during the in-person enrollment.
What to expect when you arrive at a AAA store
At AAA Washington events, a greeter will meet applicants and direct you to an IDEMIA Enrollment Agent. The IDEMIA Enrollment Agent will review and capture your proof of identity and citizenship documents, take your fingerprints digitally and take a photo for the required TSA background check, ask you to verify your address and contact information, and take your payment — then you are done!
AAA Washington is hosting PackSmart events at each store with tips on how to pack for a trip. Schedule your appointments and join us on these dates: Southcenter, May 9; Alderwood, May 16; and Spokane, May 23.
At AAA stores, you can:
- Book tours, flights and cruises with an experienced AAA travel agent;
- Get a passport photo and passport application;
- Obtain an international driver’s license;
- Meet with a AAA insurance agent;
- Learn about AAA Washington member benefits and become a member.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
—Written by AAA Washington staff
—Top photo: AdobeStock