Mexico is a culturally and scenically diverse destination overflowing with fascinating architecture, ambrosial culinary delights and immersive activities. These abundant perks leave little to wonder as to why Mexico remains one of the most popular destinations among North Americans.
Mexico is varied enough to suit every traveler, so whether you’re hoping to have an authentic, rough-around-the-edges experience or a lavish, all-inclusive resort stay, Mexico goes above and beyond your wildest expectations.
Read on to learn about where to go in Mexico or to discover some of AAA’s premium travel packages around the country’s most scenic locations.
Mexico Travel Packages Offered by AAA
AAA is a renowned travel agency offering exclusive vacation packages to destinations all over the globe. If you’ve made the decision to travel to Mexico for your next vacation, browse some of AAA’s world-class curated travel experiences in the following sections. Please note that specific dates, amenities and itineraries are subject to change.
Cruise Mexico and the Caribbean With Princess
Shimmering seas and ivory beaches await passengers aboard this Princess cruise exploration of the Caribbean and Mexico.
Not only will passengers enjoy a life of luxury while aboard (complete with mouthwatering margaritas and upscale accommodations), they will also experience the diverse cultures and festive flavors of each region that they pass through.
Curated Fine Travel by Journese
This world-class, boutique travel package is created with luxury in mind. AAA partners exclusively with four- and five-star concierge-level accommodations to ensure that every guest on this exclusive journey is pampered to the max.
Each transfer is private. The excursions are upscale and guests are indulged with ornate lodgings and amenities at every stop.
Panama Canal and Central America
This captivating cruise explores Central American diversity and civilizations in an intimate, authentic way. Passengers will be mesmerized by the animated cultures, luscious local cuisine and enchanting landscapes that surround them at each port of call.
Destinations on this enthralling two-week voyage include:
- Day 1: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Day 2: Key West, Florida
- Day 3: Gulf of Mexico (scenic cruising)
- Day 4: Cozumel, Mexico
- Day 5: Belize City, Belize
- Day 6: Roatán, Honduras
- Day 7: Caribbean Sea (scenic cruising)
- Day 8: San José (Puerto Limón), Costa Rica
- Day 9: Colón, Panama
- Day 10: Panama Canal (scenic cruising)
- Day 11: Caribbean Sea (scenic cruising)
- Day 12: Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Days 13 and 14: Caribbean Sea (scenic cruising)
- Day 15: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Travel Mexico: 7 Tips
The best Mexico vacations happen through careful planning, attention to detail and tireless research. Here are seven tips to ensure that you have a successful, minimally stressful vacation.
- Avoid the tap water, as it is unsafe to drink in most places in Mexico.
- Get travel insurance before you go abroad (this is generally a good rule to follow regardless of where you’re going).
- Get a taste for as many different Mexico destinations as you can — which will provide you with a well-rounded experience and perception of this magnificent country.
- Do a street food tour, as Mexico is well-known for its piquant local dishes.
- Learn some basic Spanish before visiting to ensure that all your interactions with locals are polite and culturally sensitive.
- Go museum hopping in Mexico City (make sure to visit the Frida Kahlo Museum as well as the Museo Nacional de Antropologia).
- Try to pay exclusively in pesos (have some U.S. dollars exchanged before arriving in Mexico).
Best Places to Visit in Mexico
Mexico is overflowing with buoyant cities awaiting exploration and wonderment. Whether you’re longing for museums, open-air markets, cathedrals, intriguing architecture or world-class resorts, Mexico has a destination that will appeal to you.
Eight of the best cities to visit in Mexico include:
- Mexico City
- San Miguel de Allende
- Puerto Vallarta
- Cabo San Lucas
Best Places to Stay in Mexico
Mexico has no shortage of captivating, breathtaking accommodations for visitors looking for a truly unique experience. Beachside bungalows, pristine resorts, treetop hotels and other exotic lodgings are abundant throughout the country.
If you are in search of places in Mexico to visit that have unique accommodation options, here are four of the best places to stay in Mexico.
- Tubohotel. This modern, creative hotel is made up of large, concrete tubes outfitted as hotel rooms. Each room has a queen-sized bed, cozy lighting, a large glass window to showcase the gorgeous scenery that surrounds you and curtains for privacy.
- Playa Viva. Perhaps the best place to travel in Mexico if you are eco-focused and love nature, Playa Viva is a luxury, bohemian-style treehouse hotel that offers panoramic views of the ocean from its perch nestled into the lush forest canopy.
- Rosa del Viento. Despite its nonchalant facade, this beachfront hotel offers some of the most luxurious amenities. World-class gastronomic experiences, beachfront massages and days on end of sunbathing lie in store for guests at Rosa del Viento.
- Hotel Escondido. Perched cozily in the city center, Hotel Escondido has a minimal, artistic interior that is lavish though simple in every element.
Discover the Best Mexico Vacation Spots With AAA
Mexico is a paradise for all the senses.
Colorful history, architecture, decadent dishes and numerous activities await adventurous travelers desiring to immerse themselves in captivating cultures.
If you’ve decided to travel Mexico, get in touch with AAA to speak with a seasoned travel expert or inquire about one of AAA’s roster of vacation packages to Mexico.