Why Do You Need Cancer Insurance?
Cancer is an incredibly common diagnosis; one in two men and one in three women are expected to get some kind of cancer in their lifetime.* Pair this with the every-rising survival rate and the incredibly high cost of treatment, and it’s easy to see why millions of cancer patients end up dealing with the financial toll of their cancer long after the physical toll is over.
Even for those with excellent health insurance, there are still critical gaps that need to be covered, including the costs of:
- Lost income
- Ongoing living expenses
- Health insurance deductibles and copayments
- Home health care services
- Child care services
- Travel to/from treatment
Hopefully you and your family will never be affected by cancer. But if you are, AAA Washington Insurance Agency wants you to be able to focus on your recovery, not worry about your finances. That’s why we’ve partnered with a top-rated insurance company to offer this outstanding cancer coverage. It’s simple and straightforward, there is no additional exam required, the payouts are direct to you, and it’s quite affordable.
Cancer Insurance Offers a Number of Flexible Benefits and Choices:
- Duration of policy: lifetime or term (10, 15, 20 or 30 years)
- Individual, single parent or family options
- Face amounts: $10,000 to $100,000
- Affordable premiums: For example, the premium for a $10,000 lifetime policy for a 45-year-old is just $9.60 per month; a 55-year old with the same policy would pay $15.60 per month.
- Simplified or express underwriting
Answers to Common Questions About Cancer Coverage:
- I had cancer 10 years ago and beat it. Can I apply?
Yes. As long as you haven’t had internal cancer, leukemia, or melanoma within the past 5 years – and you haven’t had skin cancer in the past 3 years, you can apply for this insurance and receive coverage for any new cancer diagnosed at least 30 days after your coverage goes into force.
- I’m 64 years old. Can I apply?
Yes. As an adult, you can apply for this insurance regardless of age – whether you’re 19 or 89.
- Does this coverage pay for outpatient cancer care?
Yes. This insurance pays benefits whether you’re in or out of the hospital and will help you pay for blood, blood plasma, surgery, anesthetics, and more.
- Can I pick my own doctors and hospitals?
Yes. Unlike some medical coverage, this insurance does not require that you use certain doctors and hospitals. You are completely free to choose your own.
* American Cancer Society, Cancer Facts and Figures 2014