See AAA’s Top 2022 Picks for EVs and Hybrids
Looking for your next vehicle? AAA has some great recommendations for electric and hybrid vehicles, including the all new Ford Mustang Mach-E.
The Ford Mustang Mach-E has earned AAA’s overall top pick for the 2022 AAA Car Guide. The Mach-E was chosen for its dramatic new profile, power, and that it is electric, quiet, quick, roomy and fun to drive.
The remaining 2022 top picks are:
- Best Under $35K: Hyundai Elantra Hybrid Limited
- Best $35K-$50K: Volkswagen ID.4 1st Edition (electric)
- Best over $50K: Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
- Best Small: BMW 330e (plug in hybrid)
- Best Midsize: BMW 530e (plug in hybrid)
- Best Large: Mercedes-Benz S580 4Matic Sedan (hybrid)
- SUV/Minivan: Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD (electric)
- Pickup: Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Hybrid 4×4
The AAA.com/CarGuide website goes in-depth on the cost of ownership, advances in vehicle technology, the advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and how AAA chooses, tests and ranks each vehicle. Each review wouldn’t be complete without including IIHS and NHTSA’s safety ratings.
Also highlighted are:
- Top 10 most fuel efficient vehicles (electric, hydrogen, hybrid)
- Top 10 most fuel efficient gasoline vehicles
If you’re considering a new vehicle or just love to geek out on cars (like we do), check out the full car guide at AAA.com/CarGuide.
– Written by Jennifer Cook
– Top photo is of a Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD.