Exotic travel offers some of the most thrilling, sensational experiences an adventurer could dream of.Otherworldly scenery, culture that is pure magic, undiscovered local dishes that deserve Michelin stars are just a flight or cruise away. Undiscovered cities, beaches, islands and lodgings await brave travelers with curious minds and a craving for intrigue.
If you are a new member of the exotic travel club, continue reading to learn about some of the most exotic vacation destinations that are calling your name or get in touch with AAA to speak with a seasoned travel expert.
Exotic Vacations by AAA
AAA is an exotic traveler’s resource for finding destinations that fascinate, exhilarate and tantalize the senses. AAA’s global reach enables them to partner with locals around the world to curate unique travel experiences of every kind.
If you are longing for a getaway to an exotic travel destination, AAA offers numerous premium travel excursions and cruises tailored to thrill-seeking wanderers.
The following sections detail some of AAA’s best exotic travel packages.
This 11-day cruise showcases some of the most exotic places to travel in South America and the Galapagos Islands. Marvel at tropical birds, sea lions, pelicans and colorful schools of fish while circumnavigating the mystic islands.
Your exotic travels during this cruise include the following stops:
- Days 1 and 2: Quito, Ecuador
- Day 3: Baltra Island and Daphne Major
- Day 4: Vegas Port, Santiago Island and Rabida Island
- Day 5: Elizabeth Bay and Tagus Cove, Isabela Island
- Day 6: Sullivan Bay and Bartolome Island
- Day 7 and 8: Las Bachas, Santa Cruz Island and North Seymour Island
- Day 9: Puerto Avora, Santa Cruz Island
- Day 10: Baltra Island and Quito (disembarkation)
Best of Morocco
Morocco is a brilliant, exotic destination showcasing traditional culture, delightful national dishes and some of the most animated outdoor markets in the world. During this Best of Morocco 10-day adventure, travelers will uncover some of the country’s most spectacular sites aided by knowledgeable guides.
- Day 1: Casablanca
- Day 2: Rabat, Menes and Fes
- Day 3: Fes
- Day 4: Ziz Gorges and Erfoud
- Day 5: Ouarzazate
- Days 6 and 7: Marrakesh
- Day 8: Essaouira
- Days 9 and 10: Casablanca
Hill Tribes of Thailand
This intimate, expertly-guided tour showcases the history and cultures of tribal villages deep in Thailand’s hillsides. You will have the chance to get up close and personal with the Thai method of cooking by taking part in a private class at the Blue Elephant Cooking School.
Not only will you observe Thai cooking techniques, but you will also be able to take part in a hands-on class where you are provided with a prep table and wok while a professional chef guides you through the steps.
- Day 1: Bangkok
- Day 2: Grand Palace tour
- Day 3: Private cooking class at Blue Elephant Cooking School
- Day 4: Railway Track Market, Ratchaburi Province, floating market (Damnoen Saduak), and travel to Kanchanaburi Province
- Day 5: Mon Tribal Village
- Day 6: Ayutthaya and Chiang Rai
- Day 7: Tea plantation, tribal villages and temple visits
- Day 8: Golden Triangle Hill Tribes
- Day 9: Chiang Mai
- Day 10: Chiang Mai
- Day 11: Elephant Nature Park
- Day 12: Bangkok (departure)
Vietnam and Angkor Wat
This exclusive, native-guided adventure allows visitors to glimpse the true beauty of Vietnam and Cambodia. Sightseeing opportunities include a visit to Hoa Lo Prison Museum (a place where American prisoners of war were held during the Vietnam war), a walking tour of Hoi An and the legendary temples of Angkor Wat.
Stops on this 11-day adventure include:
- Days 1 and 2: Hanoi
- Day 3: Hanoi and Ha Long Bay
- Days 4 and 5: Hoi An
- Days 6 and 7: Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)
- Day 8: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Day 9: Angkor Wat
- Day 10: Banteay Srei and Banteay Samre
- Day 11: Tonle Sap Lake and departure
Turkey Through the Ages
Paired with a local guide, you will explore the captivating beauty of Turkey — both present day and in times past. You will stay in one of the city’s world-class hotels, embark on a private cruise along the Strait of Istanbul and take an exclusive tour of Topkapi Palace.
AAA’s Turkey Through the Ages vacation package includes the following stops:
- Days 1 and 2: Istanbul
- Day 3: Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar and Egyptian Market
- Days 4 and 5: Cappadocia
- Day 6: Izmir
- Day 7: Ephesus
- Day 8: Bodrum
- Day 9: Aegean
- Days 10 and 11: Istanbul (depart)
Exotic Travel Destinations in the USA
The USA is filled with landscapes of every kind — jungles, deserts, canyons and prairies await those seeking exotic locations closer to home.
10 of the most exotic getaways in the United States include:
- Aleutian Islands, Alaska
- Key West, Florida Keys
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- St Augustine, Florida
- Olympic National Park, Washington
- Catalina Island, California
- Kauai, Hawaii
- Solvang, California
- Big Sur, California
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska
Most Exotic Cities Around the World
Cities are some of the most electric, vivacious and interesting destinations to explore around the world. While every city is different from its neighbor and has unique qualities to showcase, once in a while travelers stumble across a truly unique urban area.
Exotic places to visit for those who adore urban landscapes include the following cities.
- Chefchaouen, Morocco. Nicknamed The Blue Pearl, Chefchaouen is an azure city filled with terracotta tiled homes and a laid-back atmosphere (a stark contrast to more tourist-dense cities in Morocco).
- Guanajuato, Mexico. The historic center of this vibrant city was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1988. Small alleyways weave in and out of the infrastructure, staircases stretch away into hillsides, and stone plazas invite passerby to sit a while and bask in the atmospheric culture.
- Havana, Cuba. With its charming, colorful, quirky architecture, Havana is an exotic location that’s skyrocketed in popularity since the country opened to tourism. The art, food, history and cultural identity are full of intrigue for travelers seeking a thoroughly unique destination.
- Burano, Italy. An island in the Venetian Lagoon, Burano is a city known for its buoyant culture and vividly painted houses. Stroll through Galuppi Square and stop in at a lace working shop to see local women indulging in traditional handiwork.
- Cape Town, South Africa. Filled with flamboyant houses, artistic neighborhoods and beautiful scenery, Cape Town feels like a number of worlds melded together into one city. Palm-lined beaches, electric nightlife and luxury resorts await visitors to this peaceful, exotic paradise.
4 Exotic Countries to Visit
There are nearly 200 countries spanning the globe, each overflowing with cultural identity, scenery, traditions and fragrances unique to them. So, needless to say, there are countless locations that merit an appreciative visit.
If you are looking for a single destination with an exotic blending of nature, culture, food and fascinating architecture, here are four countries that deserve a spot at the top of your travel bucket list.
Home to bamboo forests, ancient gates, ambrosial cultural dishes and long-standing traditions, Japan is a country filled with wildly different landscapes and cultures. Tokyo possesses a modern, metropolitan culture with pulsing lights and grandiose shopping malls while Kyoto embodies tradition through quiet dignity and perseverance.
Bordered by Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia is a country in Central Europe with regal coastlines, medieval villages and intriguing history. Croatia is iconic for having cities filled with red-tiled houses, turquoise waters and prolific forests — all a paradise for adventure lovers.
Mist-covered mountains, the lush forests of the Amazon, coastal deserts and rainbow mountains, Peru is truly a nature-lover’s paradise. The varied landscapes, cities, cultures and food make Peru a sensational destination for travelers longing for the exotic and fascinating.
A contender for the most exotic place on earth, India is among the most vibrant and vivacious locations to visit. Known for brilliant-colored clothing, piquant dishes, and awe-inspiring temples, India is a destination that no one should go a lifetime without visiting.
9 Exotic Vacation Ideas
Whether you are looking for a unique and cultural experience or crave luxury, some of the most exotic vacation spots and lodgings are just a short flight away.
Nine of the best exotic vacations with fascinating accommodations opportunities include:
- Book a luxury bungalow in Bora Bora.
- Stay at a tree hotel in Sweden.
- Cozy up at an igloo resort in Finland.
- Relax in an undersea abode in the Maldives.
- Dwell among the giraffes at an animal lodge in Kenya.
- Enjoy a luxury stay at a cave suite in Turkey.
- Take flight at Costa Rica’s airplane hotel (Hotel Costa Verde).
- Lounge at a Londolozi Tree Camp in South Africa.
- Stay warm in Québec’s De Glace Ice Hotel.
Exotic Travel Service Offered by AAA
The world is a beautiful, mysterious place filled with heart-quickening vistas of every kind. Regardless of your appetite for adventure or the places you’ve already been, there’s still more to see and experience.
If you are ready to immerse yourself in some of the most exotic places in the world, consult with AAA’s travel specialists today. AAA is a trusted travel agency that’s been making adventure accessible to individuals around the world for more than a century.